domenica 18 novembre 2007

Podcasts

Hi guys! For me this e-tivity was a bit more difficult than the previous one. Surely podcasts are very, very useful in learning a foreign language, but I don't know if I will be able to take full advantage of them. By looking for podcasts I lost a lot of time because before saving them I wanted to listen to them, but I couldn't since I would have needed a lot of time (where I live I can't have a high speed connection). Finding a podcast (a free one), downloading it and loading it on my Mp3 player is a time demanding process. As I'm lazy and everything I do, I do slowly, I think I won't do it very often... However I can always listen to them from my pc, but in this case which is the advantage of podcasts if I cannot carry them with me?... Maybe I could do it when I'm on holidays and I have more time to spend in front of pc! ;-p

I chose 3 websites with podcasts (as I said, unfortunately I couldn't listen to none of them).
  • The first one has many podcasts dealing with different tpoics, it's a ELS website, so there are exercises on the audiofiles as well.
  • The second website reguards business English for English learning students. Each podcast is a lesson on a specific aspect of business English.
  • The third one (in my opinion the most original) collectsaudiofiles of entire books, or somechapters read by normal readers (not the authors) and everything is free!

6 commenti:

Niko ha detto...

Hi Sara! I'm sorry you can't download podcasts. I've found some that are really interesting. I noticed that you forgot to put a link for the websites you found. Anyway I think I've already seen them because other in our group chose them. I think podcasts are useful for language learning; we no longer have to buy CDs for our listening activities, don't we? Internet is so democratic a source!
ok! See you soon!
Be merry!
Niko

Niko ha detto...

Hi again, would you be so kind as to put this "S" after the word "other" on my post?
thank you.
Niko

Davide ha detto...

Hi Sara, don't worry about it!I've just look at postcasts you found. Well...I noticed that you found the same sites(that one about Business English)I chose.What do you think about business English?, would you like to learn something more about it? I think the net gives us all the tools we need in order to learn English more and more better!You don't need to buy grammar books or Cds and so on. Good!see you...

elisac ha detto...

Hi Sara!
I listened to a podcast about Business English as well: it explains how to leave and take a telephone message professionally. In my opinion, in the future when we will work, we might take adventage of these podcasts to learn some specific expressions, do you agree? Furthermore, as Niko said, podcasts are free and offer a lot of materials and so we don't need to buy CDs and in some cases books as well. See you soon!
Elisa

Anna B ha detto...

Hi! This is the last comment I'm writing for this e-tivity and I found out that, more or less, we posted the same website about podcast! They are really interesting and useful! I hope I will be able to use them in the future too!

bye

anna

Niko ha detto...

I really enjoy downloading podcasts; I don't know how to say: we are like sailors fishing culture, aren't we?