domenica 25 novembre 2007

YouTube

First of all I have to say that yesterday I posted a video, but when I went to my blog and see it, it had disappeared!...I don't know why, sometimes technology plays some tricks on me! However, I'll post it next time I go to the lab.
I enjoyed doing this e-tivity! Watching videos is very helpful in English learning because in addition to audio there are also images and the movements of the mouth that help you in understanding.
There are interesting videos that besides helping you in your English skills, can make you reflect on some cultural aspects of the country from which they come. For example the sense of humour, the way of being satirical...In an almost standardized world luckily these aspects continue to be different.
YouTube is a powerful tool. Its power consists in the fact that you can show everything you want, and everybody can see it. Naturally this is a positive aspect if everyone used this power for good purposes, but unfortunately there are always dumb people who shares offensive videos...maybe they want to show the world how stupid they are!

4 commenti:

Niko ha detto...

Hi Sarina; don't worry about your video; maybe, it has gone on holiday (just kidding). But anyway, I've seen that others in our group think the same about YouTube. It is useful if it is well used. Like anything I think. By the way, I tried to upload a video but it went really slow: I gave it up. Maybe because it's Sunday today; things always go slowly on Sundays.

elisac ha detto...

Hi Sara!
I find it interesting what you said about the cultural aspect of videos: they gave us the possibilty of seeing the habits of foreign people. Furthermore, I agree with you when you say that images help us to understand what we are listening to. However, as I pointed out in my blog, the negative aspect of videos is that you must always be critical and this is true for anything you find on Internet.
See you soon,
Elisa

Davide ha detto...

Hi Sara, I was reading your post and talking about dumb people, u're right, they desire to be the centre of attention, they think to be cool. I think it's a shame that someone can put offensive videos on the net, as I pointed out on my blog u-tube must be supervised. Do u agree? See u on Wed.

Anna B ha detto...

Hello! I don't want to be repetitive but what can I say?? What we think about YouTube is very similar, and I agree with those who write that we have to pay attention when using it! Having said that, I find it really funny and incredible!

Anna